Thursday 18 June 2009

Counting the dead

Jenny McCarthy is a loony who, in the total absence of evidence, is trying to persuade people that vaccines are dangerous, most especially that MMR one. Unlike her, though, I'm not asking to you take my word for it.

First up: draw your own conclusions on Jenny McCarthy's critical reasoning abilities from this insane article she wrote. The best bit:

The day I found out I was an adult Indigo will stay with me forever. I was walking hand in hand with my son down a Los Angeles street when this women approached me and said, “You’re an Indigo and your son is a Crystal.” I immediately replied, “Yes!” and the woman smiled at me and walked away. I stood there for a moment, because I had no idea what the heck an Indigo and Crystal was, but I seemed so sure of it when I had blurted out “Yes!” After doing some of my own research on the word Indigo, I realized not only was I an early Indigo but my son was in fact a Crystal child. From that point on things in my life started to make sense.


Hmm.

I don't think I need to rehash the things she's said - they've been documented and dismantled, and the evidence against her is overwhelming - but I'd like to point to a controversial site that estimates the number of diseases and deaths caused by her anti-vaccine campaign in America. It's called, appropriately enough, the Jenny McCartney Body Count.

Although the site's authors agree that not all of these deaths are directly attributable to her, specifically, I think the site is still a useful reminder of the cost of giving the insane an unopposed microphone for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment