- A lamp was seen in the patient's groin - it was even more prominent when he coughed.
- The patient's lover was enlarged and causing him some embarrassment.
- The needle should be driven into the tissue by an angel of about 45 for a subcutaneous injection.
- The patient was a little bugger compared with his size a year previously.
- The patient is left quietly in bed so that he can rust as much as possible.
- The urine must be tasted by the staff nurse daily. If there is any doubt the Sister and Doctor must also do this.
I can add one that I came across. During my student days, I was confronted with the most bizarre casualty note that, to this day, I still can't decipher:
"Bilateral diarrhoea, pussy."
I suppose "pussy" might charitably refer to "pus", but "bilateral diarrhoea"!?!