Tuesday 28 August 2007

Feature: Cancer

For an introduction into the pathology of cancer, I put together three consecutive posts, namely:

After struggling for days to summarize the third of these posts, I subsequently came across a brilliantly clear (and somewhat different) approach in a landmark paper by Hanahan and Weinberg.  I've summarised its jist in a post entitled "The six characteristics of cancer".

The rest of the section is at present quite disparate, but contains two interesting topics. Firstly, we broach the subject of telomeres, which are virtually always disabled in cancer formation. Then, there is the fascinating question of how chemotherapy works.

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information. Asbestos Cancer Organization Pericardial Mesothelioma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. shapes of epithelial cells

    ReplyDelete